It’s always a little intimidating to have your picture taken …. even if it’s just a photo on an iPhone that is taken by a friend. We still want to look nice, make sure nothing is in our teeth and that our hair is behaving! I realize that preparing for your engagement session can be a little overwhelming. Here are some tips for outfits and accessories that will make the e-shoot preparation a little more manageable!
- Don’t try to MATCH…try to pick outfits and accessories that coordinate instead.If everyone wore the same exact color at their e-shoot, how boring would those images be?
- Don’t be afraid to be BOLD!Accessorize and make your outfits your own! Scarves, bold necklaces and fun shoes are always welcomed!
- MOST PATTERNS are actually ok…. however, graphics are not favorable for portraits.If you’re wearing a pattern, make sure it’s not overwhelming and distracting.
- Be sure to check out my Pinterest boards for more outfit inspiration if you’re having trouble!
- Empty your pockets! Literally.You don’t want to have key chains or phones showing through your pockets. (This is for the guys especially!)
- Most often, couples like to have one casual, everyday outfit and then one outfit that is dressier!This will give your shoot two totally different “looks”. I recommend beginning with the dressy outfit first!
- Make sure you’re comfortable in what you’re wearing. And ladies, if the top is super low cut, that will limit the amount of angles I can shoot from.
- BE ON TIME!The sun is only out for so long ! The later you arrive, the less time we have to shoot! And nobody wants that!
- Clean the ring! I love to shoot a few rings shots while you change outfits!The cleaner the better!
- Relax! You don’t have to be a pro at this! I’m going to help you along the way and it’s going to be a blast! Enjoy this time together, and make a date out of it! Plan dinner afterwards and celebrate!!
p.s. Click here for THREE tips to Help your Groom Prepare for a Photography Session!
>>>>>>Want fresh content that will help you with critical pieces of your wedding planning AND inspire you to wedding greatness? CLICK HERE!