Not only do TRB’s:
- Love confetti in their hair
- Are always ready for an Adventure
- Prefer to take their Holiday by the Sea
- Value the moments that Matter, and
- Know where to get a great coffee of coffee or glass of wine…
But, Tina Ricketts Brides’ LOVE to learn new things! New for 2019, I’m going to start Tina’s Book Club where I share my “yellow highlights” from all the great and amazing books I’ve read over the year. A big reason why I’m doing this (even though it has nothing to do with Wedding Photography) is because I personally believe that you’ll be the same person, in the same place, you are today, 5-10-20 years from now if it not for the people you meet and the books you read! Each of the books I read have had a profound impact on my life either personally or professionally, and I want to share them with you. My all-time fave book is of course the bible; however, throughout the year I love to mix in other books from other’s writers God has gifted.
Blog posts will be a compilation of literally all my “yellow marker highlights” based on the author’s ideas, concepts, ideas throughout the book that really spoke to me and stood out that I want to share with you. Hopefully it encourages you to pick up a copy yourself!
First up on Tina’s book club list:
“Start With Why”
by Simon Sinek
“How Great Leaders Inspire Everyone to Take Action”
- There are leaders and there are those who lead.
- Great leaders, in contrast, are able to inspire people to act. Those who are able to inspire give people a sense of purpose or belonging that has little to do with any external incentive or benefit to be gained.
- We make assumptions about the world around us based on sometimes incomplete or false information.
- Our behavior is affected by our assumptions or our perceived truths. We make decisions based on what we thinkwe know.
- Price always costs something. The question is, how much are you willing to pay for the money you make.
- Though positive in nature, aspirational messages are most effective with those who lack discipline or have a nagging fear or insecurity that they don’t have the ability to achieve their dream on their own.
- Why does your company exist? Why do you get out of bed every morning? And why should anyone care? We rarely say WHY we do WHAT we do.
- People don’t buy WHAT you do, they buy WHY you do it.
- The goal of business should not be to do business with anyone who simply want what you have. It should be to focus on the people who believe what you believe. When we are selective about doing business only with those who believe in our WHY, trust emerges.
- Leading is not the same as being the leader.
- Leading, means that others willingly follow you, not because they have to, not because they are paid to, but because they want to.
- In organizations able to inspire, the best chief executives are WHY types – people who wake up every day to lead a cause and not just run a company.
- A WHY never changes. WHAT you do can change with the times, but WHY you do it never does.
- Words are hollow, but deeds and values are deep.
- Everything [a company] does, everything they say and do, serves as tangible proof of what they believe.
- It is a flawed assumption that what works for one organization will work for another.
- What matters more is that WHAT and HOW you do things is consistent with your WHY.
- Those with the ability to never lose sight of WHY and also achieve the milestones that keep everyone focused on the right direction are the great leaders.
- Passion may need structure to survive, but for structure to grow, it needs passion.
- Leadership requires two things: a vision of the world that does not yet exist and the ability to communicate it.
- Leadership don’t have all the great ideas; they provide support for those who want to contribute. Leaders achieve very little by themselves; they inspire people to come together for the good of the group. Leaders never start with what needs to be done. Leaders start with WHY we need to do things.
>>>>>>>>> If you are currently engaged and looking for fresh content that will help you with critical pieces of your wedding planning AND inspire you to greatness, click here!!<<<<<<<<
Newly Engaged? Check out 3 Things to do next!